Saturday, March 15, 2008

Quotes from Women in History



"The basic discovery about any people is the discovery of the relationship between its men and its women." - Pearl Buck, author


"
I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England, too." - Elizabeth I, of England

"I can stand out the war with any man." - Florence Nightingale, nurse

"
The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he's a baby." - Natalie Wood, actress

"Too often the great decisions are originated and given form in bodies made up wholly of men, or so completely dominated by them that whatever of special value women have to offer is shunted aside without expression." - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady

"Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats. But, they also get more notoriety when they crash." - Amelia Earhart, pilot

"I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to be kind enough to give me one, please let it be practical and dark so that I can put it on afterwards to go to the laboratory." [about a wedding dress]. - Marie Curie, scientist


No comments: