Monday, October 20, 2008

Boink! I've Been Tagged

Gads, Becky at Kinexxions tagged me on this about a week ago, and John of TransylvanianDutch, a couple of days later, not to mention Linda of From Axer to Ziegler shortly after that! And, I've just now noticed, thanks to Randy's "Keeping Up With the Taggers - Part 3" post on Genea-Musings. I'm soooo behind!


10 years ago I...

--completed a history degree
--applied to grad school
--got my car totaled in a rear-ender (not my fault!)
--began planning my 1999 "trip of a lifetime" to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Prague
--was busily earning my "mountain woman" status learning how to navigate all kinds of winter road conditions.


5 things on today's "to-do" list

--create a desk space for a new employee
--reinstall some programs on my new hard drive at home
--copy a photo to CD for someone to use in publication
--mail my voting ballot (uh-uh, it's for me to know and you to find out!)
--go to bed a little early (yeah, right)


5 snacks I enjoy

--ice cream (esp. chocolate & peanut butter)
--Norwegian goat cheese and gluten-free crackers
--almonds or peanuts
--apples, apples, apples
--Peanut M&Ms


5 places I have lived

--Richmond/El Cerrito, California (they're right next to each other)
--Ft. Lawton, Oklahoma (I was an Okie for six months)
--Everett/Lynnwood Washington
--Seattle, Washington
--Snoqualmie Pass, Washington


5 jobs I have had

--hotel switchboard operator, San Francisco
--Library technician for a Seattle law firm
--Circulation/Evening technician for the UW Libraries
--Supervisor I for the UW Libraries
--Supervisor II for the UW Libraries

Donna of What's Past is Prologue and Becky added a couple of categories, and since I don't want to drop the ball, I might as well answer those, too.

5 places I've been that I want to return to

--the old family homesteads in Chippewa County, Minnesota
--Engadine Valley, Switzerland
--the Alps
--Rhine River area, Germany
--Prague, oh... Prague!

5 places I've never been to that I want to explore

--Coon Valley, Wisconsin
--anywhere in Norway
--the Irish coast on the North Sea
--Rome
--Budapest


I'm supposed to tag five more people. Let's see if I can get to them before someone else does:

Taneya at Taneya's Genealogy Blog
Colleen at Oracle of OMcHody
Lee at I Seek Dead People
Amy at Amy's Genealogy, Etc.
Lisa at Small-Leaved Shamrock

Play to win (friends and influence people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment